Richard E. Olsen
807 E. Wild Field Drive, New River AZ 85087
623-465-7561 (home) 602-740-2244 (cell)
QUALITY SYSTEMS - DOCUMENT CONTROL - DATABASES
Technical professional with diverse experience specializing in quality systems, document control, and databases.
- Experienced in developing documentation such as standard operating procedures (SOPs), ensuring that documentation complies with quality standards and program requirements.
- Able to implement, administer, monitor and optimize databases; configure and manage database security; perform data analysis and integration.
- Skilled in troubleshooting problems and finding creative solutions for permanent corrective action.
- Dedicated to the principles of quality, continuous improvement, and customer satisfaction.
- Cooperative team player with proven ability to effectively communicate with individuals and groups.
- Logical thinker, highly competent in math and science including calculus, chemistry and physics.
- Proficient in Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, ISO 9001.
Information Technology Intern - TechSkills, Phoenix AZ, July 2011-present
- Assist students enrolled in the Information Technology program at a technical school that offers career education, skills training, and certification testing.
- Examine Microsoft SQL Server 2008 laboratory exercises; proofread for errors, clarity, and workability.
- Develop and improve training materials such as laboratory exercises and video tutorials.
ISO Consultant - SEMTEC Laboratories, Inc., Phoenix AZ, April 2011-present
- Serve as an independent consultant to develop a documented quality system for the company.
- Review quality manuals, conduct internal audits, guide the company through the steps needed to satisfy the requirements for ISO9001:2008 certification.
Customer Service/Sales/Quality Manager - RNB Enterprises, Inc., Phoenix AZ, 2006-present
- Create and maintain procedure manuals; ensure that all documentation is compliant with ISO requirements.
- Serve as customer liaison in regard to quoting, understanding requirements, and resolving issues.
- Manage document control systems, both electronic and paper.
Engineering Manager - Circuit Express, Inc., Tempe AZ, 2004-2005
- Standardized complex processes and developed procedures to improve productivity.
- Managed plating engineering, wastewater treatment, chemical analysis and cross-section laboratories.
- Performed failure analysis, process improvement, and process documentation.
- Concentrated on eliminating major defects, reducing scrap, limiting downtime, and preventing field failures.
- Established high quality standards with emphasis on accuracy within strict guidelines.
Weathering Manager - Atlas Weathering Services Group (DSET Laboratories), New River AZ, 2002-2004
- Designed and implemented maintenance database and maintenance technician checklist.
- Managed a specialized group of 30 engineers and technicians at a material testing laboratory for accelerated weathering and outdoor exposure evaluation of automotive, construction and consumer products.
- Reviewed, analyzed, and signed evaluation data reports; handled various administrative duties.
- Produced audio-visual presentations and provided facility tours to potential customers.
- Met with clients from Japan, China, Hong Kong, Korea, Germany, Sweden, Mexico, and the United States.
- Completed many site improvements, creating an enhanced company image.
Process Analysis Engineer - Chipworks (formerly Integrated Circuit Engineering), Scottsdale AZ, 2001-2002
- Prepared detailed technical reports for customers providing a comprehensive review of entire device technology and product quality, including photographic illustrations of all features.
- Conducted microstructural process analysis of integrated circuits including cross-sectioning,
de-layering, physical and material characterization for competitive analysis and patent support.
- Mastered Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM, FESEM), EDS X-ray, and optical microscope techniques.
- Authored 22 lab procedures to standardize methods for training and compliance.
- Maintained ISO 9001:2008 certification; served as document control administrator and lead internal auditor.
- B.S., Chemistry, Arizona State University, Tempe AZ
- A.A.S., Quality Control Technology, Mesa Community College, Mesa AZ
- Global Leadership Certificate, Thunderbird, the American Graduate School of International Management, Glendale AZ
- Arizona Quality Alliance Examiner, Arizona State Quality Awards Program, 2006
- Hazardous Waste Operations/Emergency Response (HAZWOPR) 40-hour certification, 2005
- Certificate of Participation, Shipping Dangerous Goods by Air Seminar, FedEx, 2005
- Industrial Pre-treatment Compliance Academy, City of Phoenix Water Services
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Database Administrator, 2011
- Certified Quality Auditor (CQA), American Society for Quality, 2006
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), American Society for Quality, 2004
- Certified Scanning Electron Microscopist, Semtec Laboratories, Phoenix AZ
Microscopic Photography, Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM), Energy Dispersive X-ray Spectrophotometer (EDS), Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy (AAS), Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA), Interconnect Stress Test (IST), Surface Insulation Resistance (SIR) Testing, Laboratory Design, Shipping Dangerous Goods, Statistical Process Control, Process Documentation, Writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Technical Reports, Lab Wizard, TrueChem, Math Tutoring, Photography, Microsoft Word - Excel - Outlook - PowerPoint - SQL Server 2005
"Richard is a very conscientious and able employee. I certainly believe he has what it takes to be an active and vital contributor for whatever position he may decide to take up next. He is the type of employee that will always give more than is asked of him." ~Dave York, Manager, Chipworks USA
Additional references available upon request.